Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Forum Members

I have searched the forum and read all the recommendations on antennas for hdtv reception. Need to make a final decision and need your input.

Here is my info:

I am located in Los Angeles south of the blvd near Universal Studios. I am just up the street at the start of the hollywood hills. I have just bought a HDTV Pioneer Pro720 and I am upgrading my system for HDTV. I have bought the HUGHES Platinum HD ReceiverH IRD-E86. I need to upgrade my satellite dish from the round DirecTV dish I had with my non-HDTV system. I plan to use the non-HDTV RCA satellite receiver in another room with a standard tv.

Looking for your input on the following:

What type of satellite dish should I buy?

I know there are several companies that make a variety of dishes. Which one is the best?

Hughes, RCA, Terk, Wingard etc?

Sizes: 18 inch up to ...........?

Also input on over the air antenna's

Winegard HD8200P

Terk HDTV60

Channel Master 4228

I own my house and could put what ever system I could want and would like to know what would you do?

Thanks,

Francesca

·
Registered
76 Posts
[ Looking for your input on the following:

What type of satellite dish should I buy?

I know there are several companies that make a variety of dishes. which one is the best?

Hughes, RCA, Terk, Wingard etc?

Sizes: 18 inch up to ...........? ]

u can get the Eliptical dish from DirecTv (it is a wineguard with builtin multiswitch)

[Also input on over the air antenna's

Winegard HD8200P

Terk HDTV60

Channel Master 4228 ]

i live in Colton and i am using the Radio Shack 90v to get my OTA and get all of them fine. u are much closer to the towers then i am so u can probably get away with some thing smaller. Dont go with the terk, (lot of complaints on that one , people seem to like the CM 4228)

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
argus_23,

What is a Radio Shack 90v?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.