AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm very interested about the announcement about the new Hitachi CP-SX5500W LCOS projector. If you are going to (or are at) INFOCOMM and happen to visit the Hitachi booth (Booth No. 6065 at the Sands Convention Center), could you try and find answers to the following questions:

1) What is the stated contrast ratio?

2) What LCOS chip is it using (JVC 0.7in chip, JVC 0.9in chip, other)?

3) Does it support all HDTV resolutions (including 720p)?

4) Does it support RS232-based control (the real question here is if Mark can make Dilard work with it)?

5) What type of lamp does it use? What is the rated hours for the lamp?

6) Is there a ship date more defined then Q3?

And if it is running at the show, please give your impressions (color richness, black levels, etc) and if possible, snap a picture of it!

Thanks.

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
Hi James,

I will check that out tommorow. FAR too much at the show to see in one day!

This looks very interesting! I can't wait to see it. Unless it's D-ILA, though there is only about a 0.01% chance that Dilard will work with it.

·
Registered
5,574 Posts
I saw the Hitachi. It was being presented with some graphics that did not speak to its HT capabilities.

The folks in the booth did not know much about the machine and were deflecting questions from a number of people, including some with SONY tags on. There was a general brochure about all of their products but no data sheet on the LCOS projector.

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
Expecting a lot, I was disappointed http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/frown.gif .

The projector didn't appear to be set up correctly. The colors were off, and the brights tended to posterize. The projector was being displayed almost in a closet, and was not being "showcased" the way I expected from the press releases.

The models at the "fashion show" however were very nice!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.