AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after having the 4805 for three years now and recently buying a IN72 I'm now spoiled to the 8 foot screen .

With this in mind and HD all time viewing will definitely increase our bulb hours usage .I was thinking on buying a 3 year extended bulb guarantee .

Any thoughts on this .

maybe you bought one in the past and feel its a dumb idea or, the best thing you did.

either way I would like to hear your input .

here's the warrantee I was kicking around

3-Year Lamp Warranty New & Remanufactured Only Products with 3000HR Lamp Rating

Manufacturer Part Number: ELW3

Summary

Project worry-free. Extend your lamp's warranty from 90 days to 3 years with no limits on lamp usage!

Project all you want, worry-free! The ELW3 warranty extends the standard 90 day lamp warranty to 36 months. Better yet, there is no need to worry about tracking lamp hours as there are no restrictions on lamp usage and there are no limits to claims exercised during the warranty period.

ELW3 is available on all lamps rated at 3000+ lamp hours. $ 150

·
Registered
11,213 Posts
Infocus no longer does that warranty - but will honor it for retailers that still have it in stock and sell it to customers.

Since it is the manufacturers warranty - you don't have to worry about third party exclusion clauses. cavu just had a really old lamp that just plain wore out replaced under it.

The reason they pulled it from the market - is it is a guaranteed winner for the customer....only the one year warranty is current product - and that is a nobrainer if you do a lot of hours in a year. Though the factory warranty on the lamp in the PJ is upped to 6mo on the Play Bigs so if you are not a heavy viewer you might be better off risking it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.