AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To get a 200cm wide image in 16:9 mode, what would be the minimal and maximum throw distance ? For the same distance, what is the difference between the top of the lens and the top of the image (height) or in other words looking at the center of the image, what is the angle compared to the center of the lens.

Furthermore, when switching to 4:3, does this alter the height of the screen ?

How should I set the DVD player : pan&scan, letterbox or widescreen ?

Last and probably most important question : When viewed from this distance, does one see pixels ? Secondly, when using just the S-video connection, how do I justify the additional cost for the 350.

Thanks everybody for your expert advice !

·
Registered
846 Posts
richardkrol,

Check the www.projectorcentral.com for the throw calculator for both lp340 and lp350.

I don't know the answer to your second question, but this might help. When ceiling mounting my lp350 to an 8ft ceiling, I had to perform a slight tilt to project the 16:9 image so it would project in the right position. The 16:9 image is inside the 4:3 DMD so a major tilt was not necessary.

If you use native mode with the LP350, the image will be placed in about the middle of the 16:9 frame so the screen height will not need to be altered. Apparently, this does not work with the LP340.

Set your DVD player to anamorphic widescreen. You will need to set the LP350 to enhanced widescreen for anamorphic material and standard for widescreen material.

I can only see very faint scan lines during bright scenes from a display distance of 12 ft.

--Les

·
Registered
25 Posts
I hv a lp340. My initial fear was that a 340 would look grainy with 800x600. After looking at it, I gladly went for a 340. With the DVI connection, the image is flawless.

You can only see the pixels of a 12ft throw image if you a 1 ft away from the screen. The lp340 will be good for DVDs. I hv no experience with other medias (eg, HDTV etc where the resolutions are higher than the 720x560 of DVDs)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.