Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm looking for a DLP proj. having 1000-1500 AnsiL;

I saw in a showroom Toshiba TDP-S2 ( which is the Infocus 340B I know) and found it very very nice and with good colors. Is this machine good ? I principally have s-video anf vga outputs. Is a VGA native resolution enough or do I need XGA ( infocus 350) ? Is there a real improvement ?

Thank you,

------------------

Mark

·
Registered
5,574 Posts
Yes, it is very good. There are many threads about it, do a search as the Infocus LP340.

There is a good review on http://www.projectorcentral.com

Two notes: time is passing this by, so be careful about the price you pay; there is a new model, LP340B, that you want to stay away from. It has inferior video processing, apparently.

·
Registered
711 Posts
For clarification, I believe the TDP-S2 to be a 340V (V as in Victor) not 340B (B as in Boy). The 340V is a good projector but no longer in production. The 340B has an inferior scaler and should be avoided.

Why do you think the TDP-S2 is a 340B (B as in Boy)?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So is the Toshiba TDP S2 the "good" model of infocus or the one with the inferiori scaling and video circuits?

Do you think I should buy hte XGA model ? Is the VGA becoming obsolete for videoprojection of s-video signals ?

Bye

------------------

Mark

·
Registered
711 Posts
No one has been able to confirm or deny that the TDP-S2 is in fact a 340V. If you talk to InFocus, they will tell you that it is a 340V. The TDP-S2 has DVI support, as does the 340V. But the 340B does NOT have DVI support. The 340V also has a different contrast ratio than the 340B. However, the 340V has the same contrast ratio as the TDP-S2. My guess is that the TDP-S2 is in fact the 340V. However, I can't guarantee it to you.

I bought an LP350 instead and am waiting on an LT150. We'll see which one I keep....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.