AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

A buddy of mine just gave me a InFocus 4805 projector to use as an outdoor/backyard projector. The door that covers the bulb won't close. He says the bulb has very minimal hours on it, but the bottom right screw that attaches the housing to the projector is missing. Not just the screw, but that corner piece of plastic and screw are completely gone. I have a feeling this is what is preventing the lid from shutting. Anyone ever run into this and have a solution without replacing the bulb? I'm guessing that the door has to be shut in order for the unit to run. I can kinda force the door shut and it warms-up, produces a little light and then shuts down and the red lamp light goes on.

On a sidenote, if this isn't fixable without replacing the bulb, do you guys think It'd be wise to do that? I found a ViewSonic 3D cable projector on Amazon for $350 that looks promising for outdoor use, which is tempting rather than sinking $100 into a projector that is pretty old. He also says there's something wrong with the colorwheel in one of the corners, but I won't know how noticable it is until I get the thing fired up.

Sorry for the long post. I appreciate any advice/insight any of you might have. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
292 Posts
I'd have to dig mine out and look but is sounds like the light tunnel is on it's way out rather than the color wheel (could be both :)) and like you say those things are old now... personally I wouldn't spend any money on it, just go buy the ViewSonic!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.