AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an Infocus 4805 for almost a year and I like it very much.

Originally, it was attached to a Toshiba DVD player through its component input and a TV box through a VGA cable to the M1 input. They worked fine.

Recently, I upgrade my DVD player to a Denon 2910 and naturally the HDMI output goes to the M1. Now there is no place to plug in the VGA from the TV box. I've tried those breakout cables (that is VGA to component, or VGA to S-Video) and connected them to the component and s-video input plugs, but the 4805 seemed dosn't like them. It can sucessfully search the signal but when formating it, the "signal out of space" message will appear and of course no screen.

I know that a transcoders MAY (not sure) help but I don't want to spend that money or possible spoilage to the image quality.

Does anyone have similar experince could help ?

Thank you.

:(

·
Registered
7,039 Posts
I don't believe Infocus (or anyone) has claimed that the 4805 is capable of receiving vga over component. You might want to find another source for tv other than the vga box you have. Either that or switch m1 inputs.

When you were using your vga box, the box was using its own processing and deinterlacing of tv signals. The 4805, when fed 480i, will use (academy award winning) Faroudja processing over any content it recieves. I'm willing to bet that if you can get a good tv tuner to feed the 4805 over component, it will probably look better than your vga tv box.

·
Premium Member
13,879 Posts
You need a transcoder. No way around it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.