AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm taking my first step into the world of projectors (I had a 33" TV so far), after weeks of browsing this and other forums, I came to conslusion that i got absolutely no idea which projector to choose.

I narrowed it down to these three models, I have ~1200$ to spend on the projector alone.

Prepared a pitch black room and planning to display a 110-120" picture.

I will be watching almost everything from PAL DVD's, and sometimes connecting my PC to the projector to play games.

My stationary DVD player has a DVI output, but my video card does not (well it has but i broke it...), so I'm left with VGA output.

I'm thinking about H27, but the review from projectorcentral and mentioning of the RBE on this forum stopped me from ordering it, at least for now...

So, what would you recommend? :confused:

btw. sorry for my english. :eek:

·
Registered
440 Posts
Welcome! To get you started Projector Central has a very informative comparison of all the projectors (and more) you're interested in:
http://www.projectorcentral.com/480p_projectors.htm

You should spend some time at Projector Central checking out their reviews and extensive customer comments about specific projectors and also become familiar with their throw calculator.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
sharp DT-300 or the optoma h27 are both excellent choices. Both of them outperform the older 'technologicaly' infocus 4805. 'Projector reviews' had an amazing review from the H27 and it was almost enough for me to try 'single chip DLP' once more ,especially for the amazing low price tag. ;) I figured that I could afford to try out the H27 and if I had any DLP issues, that I could just give it to a family member .

Just remember that the sharp is a higher resolution projector while the optoma is native 480p.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.