AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I hope I didn't stick this thread in the wrong place, if so please stick me where i belong.

I just found this forum and I have a question about my new "refurbished" 4805.

when I am in 16:9 there is a 2 to 3 inch "shadow" on the left side of the image. when i reverse or rotate the image the shadow stays on the left hand side. the image is inside this problem area if i go to 4:3 or native. the shadow appears over the menu items. it is not a bar or a hard stop it just looks like a shadow.

has anyone seen this before and is it a "send it in" fix?

Thank you very much!

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have a similar problem that I just noticed on my new 4805. It is in the top of the 16X9 screen on the left side and covers about a third of the area from left to right. I suspect it is an optical alignment problem. I have had the projector for two months and had never noticed it before. I have never dropped or mishandled the projector.

·
Registered
5,063 Posts
Guys...sounds like you both have a dust blob problem. I little dust particle is stuck on one of your mirrors/lenses inside the unit, then being blown up onto the screen, albeit out of focus.

I had an H30 Optoma that came from service with this problem and sent it back to them, which they fixed.

Not sure if Infocus considers dust blobs a warranty problem or not. You can ask the main 4805 forum. They might also advise you on how to maybe use some compressed air to dislodge the particle. But don't do it w/o 1st asking in the main 4805 forum. I think there was a guy that did some damage blowing air around in his open 4805.

Fleaman

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.