Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody,

I´m new in this forum as a member, but I´ve already read a lot in it. I am impressed by the high quality of the answeres herein.

I live in Spain and I´m looking for a good HT Projector. Here nobody has a clue about pj.

Already I´ve seen the Infocus 530 at my home and i liked it, but I am worried about the eyestrain and the lightleak. ¿How big bas to be the masking? Is 5cm enough?

Also I have seen the Hitachi at the spanish SIMO. I vas impressed by colors, pixelation, contrast. I wasn´t happy with deinterlacing. Maybe because of PAL, maybe the wrong settings? Next week I´m going to see a better demo.

Can somebody recommend me the 530 or the Hitachi?

Thank you.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you car_rod.

I looked at the link you send me, but I couldn´t find anything interesting. It´s a shop, and din´t make any reference to the Infocus nor the Hitachi???

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by goldplata
How big bas to be the masking? Is 5cm enough?
Hello,

My 84 inch 4x3 screen has a 1.5"x1.5" (3.75cm) black frame around the screen. This eliminates the majority of the halo from my LP530. I hardly notice it.

I am VERY happy with the built in scaler.

·
Registered
509 Posts
On the LP530, 5cm masking around the screen will help a lot with the halo. There is also some light spillage from the front of the projector, but that is very easily dealt with.

As for eyestrain, I haven't suffered any, and I'm very sensitive to things like monitor refresh rates.

I agree with JasG completely about the internal scaler - its fantastic; the more alternatives to it I try, the more impressed with it I am.

I haven't seen the Hitachi.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.