Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To Infocomm visitors and all:

The Infocus website has issued a press release for today which mentions projectors they will be premiering at Infocomm.
http://www.infocus.com/company/press...01infocomm.asp

No dedicated HT projector is mentioned. I have never been to any of these shows. Is it possible that they may still have some surprises?

I have been going through front projector withdrawal for a year, since selling my 400Q, and it HURTS!!! In fact, I owned TWO 400Q's, at different times, and sold both in anticipation of the VW10HT, which took forever to arrive and was never what we all hoped it would be. Is it too much to ask for an HT projector as pleasing to watch as the 400Q, with better contrast and black level? (I have also tried the Infocus LP350 and the NEC VT540, and neither makes me entirely comfortable. LP350 = hot whites. VT540 = screen door and lack of sharpness, compared to 350.)

In any case, somebody give me some hope for Infocomm. Please!

Mike

·
Registered
5,574 Posts
There is a new and more detailed press release about the LP530 up today on the Infocus web site.

This may be a good crossover machine. At a $5k list, with 2000 lumens, Faroudja video processing, it may work well for HT. I have confirmed that it does have a clear section in the color wheel, alas.

We shall see.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Dealer here has no shipment of HT projectors either. The person mentioned the projectors in the press release and their prices, no HT projector. Guess it's the LP340 for now while waiting for the Infocus HT projector.

------------------

Walter

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.