AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Friends,

I purchased an Infocus 61md 10 DLP 61 inch TV about 13 months back. Recently I am seeing the following problem with this TV:

After every 20 to 30 minutes of operation the video disappears (audio is okay) and then within a minute the video re-appears. After another 20-30 minutes of normal operation the cycle repeats and this keeps on happening. If the lamp would have been dead then I suppose I should not have seen any video. Also I physically looked at the lamp and it does not seem to have any wear and tear. The lamp rather looks brand new.

Can any of you smart folks give me some thoughts on what could be the problem and how to fix it.

Thanks

Mahesh

·
Registered
285 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbhan /forum/post/0

Hello Friends,

I purchased an Infocus 61md 10 DLP 61 inch TV about 13 months back. Recently I am seeing the following problem with this TV:

After every 20 to 30 minutes of operation the video disappears (audio is okay) and then within a minute the video re-appears. After another 20-30 minutes of normal operation the cycle repeats and this keeps on happening. If the lamp would have been dead then I suppose I should not have seen any video. Also I physically looked at the lamp and it does not seem to have any wear and tear. The lamp rather looks brand new.

Can any of you smart folks give me some thoughts on what could be the problem and how to fix it.

Thanks

Mahesh

Not sure if you got this fixed or not, but it sounds like you have a faulty ballast.

Post your question on this website, dedicated to this TV:

http://www.61md10.org/modules/newbb/...um.php?forum=1

·
Registered
1 Posts
hope this dose not get to you to late. Its the Optics Engine. If I'm correct, the picture cuts out, but the bulb does not turn off, it's as if the video feed cuts. THIS IS NOT THE BULB, don't let anyone tell you different, This happened to mine a few months after getting it. Now that your past your year, I'm sad to say its probably not worth fixing, the warranty paperwork I had done on mine showed the part costing close to $1500. Its basicly the video/optics processor. Its shot. They may fix it due to the large number of occurances.

Best of luck...Mine just broke again...something diff this time.

I found yours by researching my issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbhan /forum/post/9575387

Hello Friends,

Thanks

Mahesh

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just got rid of the set because an irreplaceable part broke.

I still have the keyboard, remote control, Wall mount, and tabletop stand,

all of which I would like to sell for very reasonable prices.

Remote $25.

Keyboard $30.

Wall Mount $50

Table top stand $25.

Prices do not include shipping.

I am in Bethesda, MD, in case you would like to pick up.

email me at [email protected] if interested

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.