AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would appreciate advice on choosing between the Infocus 7200 or the Runco 710LT.

I have a fixed throw distance of about 22.5-23 feet from a soffit from the rear of my theater. Thus I need a long throw lens or I would get the BenQ 8700. I have a completely light controlled room with a 138" diagonal Grayhawk micro-perf screen (0.95 gain). The whole front wall is black fabric except for the screen.

Viewing is primarily DVD but I'll be adding HDTV soon. The front row is 15' from the screen. I have no problems with rainbows.

I demo'd both pj's with a JVC DVHS unit, DVD, and 480i. Input was via component. I slightly preferred the Runco but not by much. I thought the Runco was not quite as bright as the IF, although both are rated at 1000 lumens. Colors and detail seemed a hair better with the Runco but neither pj was calibrated or even tweaked at all due to time constraints. I thought both pj's were great and I would be happy with either. I am currently using an NEC LT-150 in a temporary set up (over 2 years now) and am anxious to upgrade.

I realize both pj's have newer versions coming soon but ovbviously will be more expensive for some time. Also, the BenQ upgrade to the 8710 (BenQ 8700 being oem unit of Runco 710) loses 100 lumens of output to 900 ANSI. I am concerned about losing any light output due to the screen size

I can get decent deals on both pj's but would pay about 20% more for the Runco. My dealer/installer feels that the Runco will better integrate with the AMX control system for the theater. He is not at all pushing me one way or the other and carries both lines.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Mike

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.