AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK heres my setup :Infocus 7200, Windows XP ,Radeon 9700pro w/Catalyst 3.2 and Latest version of Powerstrip.

Can someone help me out here???, Im trying to get the desktop resolution to 1280 by 720 for 1:1 mapping and my Display options dont show that resolution. I called ATI to help me out and they recommended downloading powerstrip, which I did. Now what exactly do I change or do in powerstrip so that I can make this work, Ive tried it solo and ended up screwing something up and having to reinstall XP. Ive read the post after post here trying to figure this out with no luck, Im afraid of blowing this new toy up so any help from you pros would be greatly appreciated. Members who give Step by Step instructions get bonus points.

thanks,

jeff

·
Registered
438 Posts
Jeff --

There are several threads on this topic in the HTPC forum (in case my cryptic post doesn't clear things up).

Once you have Powerstrip (PS) installed and you reboot, right click on the PS icon in the notification area (next to the clock, bottom right hand corner).

Select "Display Profiles," then "Configure." Select "Advanced timing options," and on the next screen "Custom resolutions." You should see a scrolling list of preset resolutions (make sure the "predefined" button is selected, as you probably won't have any "user defined" options).

Select 1280x720p (HDTV standard), then "Add new resolution." Your projector or other display will blink, then a dialog box will state "The display driver has accepted the new resolution ... ," click the OK option and then the YES option in the next box to keep the changes. Click "Close" and then "OK" on the Advanced Timing Options screen. I recommend choosing "Save as..." on the Display Profiles screen to avoid potentially taking all these steps again. Click "OK" and you are all set.

BTW -- I am writing this while projecting AVS Forum on a 120" screen with my 7200 and LOVING it!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.