AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
13,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I find it very interesting that the Sharp 10000 is rated at 1100 lumens in high brightness mode. Assuming they are not stretching their numbers too much, this puts it right in line with the lumen output of the 7200 in high brightness mode.

One thing we do not know is the spced CR of the 10000 in high brightness mode, as they only posted the CR for high contrast mode.

Anyway I was wondering if anyone had thoughts on how the 10000 and 7200 would compare with both in high brightness mode. My thought being that assuming the pictures were equally punchy and of high quality, it would be nice to have the added flexibility the 10000 offers to be able to drop it way back in lumen output if you want a much greater CR.

For example, during the day I may want to watch sports with some ambient or room lighting in high brightness mode. But then at night I could kick back with a DVD in total darkness in high contrast mode. Assuming the PQ of both pjs in high brightness mode would be similar, I'd love that extra flexbility come to think of it!

Thoughts anyone?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.