AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a refurb'ed 7205...with about 37 Hrs on it. Ceiling installed, and throwing on a normal painted white wall.

Just noticed that the right side of the screen, is noticably brighter than the left side of the screen. Its almost as if the right quarter of the screen is, qualitatively, almost 10%-15% brighter than the left quartile. I do not have a way or an instrument to measure it. I played around with the setup, to ensure that the image was square, and even offset such that the image was narrower on the left, wider on the right; but the brightness on the right side is noticable.

BTW, I also played around with the settings to change the "Ceiling" setting...but even the inverted image has same characteristic...brighter on the right side. Had an X1, and a 4805 before...and they did not have brightness uniformity issue on the wall; so I know that it is not the wall.

Anyone else have similar issue with 7200, 7205, 7210? Any suggested tweaks to fix? Or does this go back to service, under warranty?

Thanks

Rick

·
Registered
725 Posts
This is possibly be a bad bulb. Contact the warranty provider a see if the will send you a new bulb to try before returning the whole unit.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.