AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I am putting together a home theater system and leaning toward either the Infocus LP350 or LP530 projectors (or future HT projector from InFocus). In which ever case, I want to connect an HTPC to the DVI input. I will be mounting the projector on the ceiling with about a 25' distance to the PC. The standard DVI cable is not long enough and I haven't found any DVI extension cables. The solution appears to be the use of Infocus' CableWizard2 with the extension cable. The problem being is that I cannot find any documentation anywhere indicating that I can connect via DVI through the CableWizard2.

Anyone know if this is possible?

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
1. Infocus does not use the DVI connector. They use a derivative called the M-1

2. DVI CANNOT be extended. they are no real cables longer than 5 metres, and the cables are all Male to Male. this is the way the standard is written

3. The signal will not work (according to all the standards) farther than 5 metres.

That said, go to http://www.inlineinc.com/products/coax/pdf/IN9700.pdf their cables may do the job ( i have never seen them work) and these guys... might be able to help http://www.total-technologies.com/do...f/DVIFlyer.pdf

Good luck

·
Registered
244 Posts
I have a 350. I am currently using a cablewizzard lite that i picked up for about 30 bucks, and then use a regular extention VGA cable (forgot where, email me if you need the info). I am using it as a second analog input (I am already using the main rgb input for my sat). This of course means I am not using it as a digital input, but it allows me to have two devices connected without having to switch cables.

Maynard

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.