Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I recently aquired a Infocus DLP 620 and got it up and running. Now my question is, what do I need so I can do video in via rca or s-video? Right now I only have a cable wizard, and am at a loss of how to connect this to any of my video units. Is there such a thing as a s-video -> vga adapter?

It looks like at one time there was a small card that fits in a slot on the back under the speaker that had the inputs on it. Is there any way I will find one of these?

I looked on projectordoctor.com, but they only had bulbs and cable wizards.

Thanks for the help.

- E

·
Registered
5,574 Posts
I believe that you don't need the cable wizard or anything else.

The LP620 has composite and S-video inputs on the back. Use standard cables for connection. For connecting a DVD player, be sure to use the S-video connection since it provides much better quality.

The previous message from elib has the URL for the manual. Page 16 of the setup instructions discusses connecting video.

I am not sure that you are going to be very happy with the video from this unit but good luck!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That was me on both posts. I've read the manual, and it appears mine is the low end version, without video in at all, only the cable wizard. It is upgradeable, but I need the little card. Hence, I'm looking for a "Video module" for a DLP 620.

I'm also looking at a fairly common "cheese box" which converts s-video to VGA. Would be one way to make it work.

Why would you say I'm not going to like the video? I don't know much about projectors yet, and althought this one first introduced in 1995, I thought it was supposed to have decent quality.

TIA

·
Registered
320 Posts
elib,

thats a good projector for you to start off with and learn from. Mine basically has the same specs as yours and i am VERY HAPPY with the picture.

Sometimes people here tend to think that everyone must have the latest and greatest projectors or your wasting your time and money.

ap0the0sis

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.