AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know its somewhat old projector. but some1 is selling it to me for $250 and im wondering if this is still good for a short term projector. not even 6 months, i just need something temporary.

250 worth it?

·
Registered
6,335 Posts
I bought one of these last year with a small pull down screen I did not need.. Used it for about 300 hours and just sold with the screen for $250. It had about 2300 hours on it and looked great.

I upgraded to a full 720p Mitsubishi HC3000 with close to 3000 hours on it.. and the picture and colors were not a lot better then the IN72 but once I replace the bulb it was like night and day. So if the IN72 is close to 3000 I would probably only offer the seller $150 for it since the cost of a bulb replacement and a projector cost of $250 would be more than a current entry level DLP.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thank you all for your input

airscapes. you say the cost of the bulb and $250 projector cost woul dbe more than a new entry level DLP projector. do these entry level ones your talking about have HDMI input?

·
Registered
6,335 Posts
I was really just thinking about business type DLP projectors with 600x800 resolution, but did a quick search on one of the forum sponsors sites and found this..
http://www.projectorpeople.com/proje...vitek%20D326WX

That is full 720 HD for under $800. New lamp for the IN72 is
http://www.provantage.com/infocus-sp...5~7INFB087.htm $350 + 250, might as well wait a few weeks and get the Full HD

Of course I have no idea what that really looks like or how it would hold up.. I just don't like to spend more on used equipment than new, unless the used is WAY better than new.

·
Registered
613 Posts
If you can score the unit for $150.00 , replace the bulb for $250.00, puts you at $400.00, its a great unit for that price IF AND ONLY IF, your gonna watch a lot of standard def dvd's. Dont get me wrong it does HD very well, but you can step into a used 720P unit for a hundred or so more. I have the IN72 and have really liked it for nearly two years. I only have 700 hours on the unit as I watch movies only on it, but it looks awesome for the money.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike091 /forum/post/17026654

i know its somewhat old projector. but some1 is selling it to me for $250 and im wondering if this is still good for a short term projector. not even 6 months, i just need something temporary.

250 worth it?

It's a very nice projector, but I would buy it only if you know the seller well, and he offers you some kind of guarantee. If you buy it, and have a problem, I would not put more money into it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts