AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This will be my second projector,I'm going to be upgrading from an Optoma HD 70.I will mostly use it for PC gaming majority of the time,very few movies,mostly concert Blu-Rays/DVDs.

The placement restrictions of the infocus wont be much of an issue.I can light control my room too.I can purchase either one within a few hundred dollars of each other with the infocus being slightly more.

Thanks for any input

·
Registered
375 Posts
I would have to say the IN83 would be the best choice for gaming. DLP doesn't seem to have any latency issues with regard to gaming. I would also have to say that the brightness of the IN83 would be valuable as video games do typically require a brighter projector.

·
Registered
7,140 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ondaedg /forum/post/14329557

I would have to say the IN83 would be the best choice for gaming. DLP doesn't seem to have any latency issues with regard to gaming. I would also have to say that the brightness of the IN83 would be valuable as video games do typically require a brighter projector.

Agreed. The brightness factor alone should favor the IN83. It is unlikely gamers enjoy playing in caves 24/7. The fatigue issue, on the other hand, may be another story.

·
Registered
375 Posts
The fatigue issues could occur depending on the projector. I can say from experience though that DLP projectors with more color wheel segments and a higher speed can reduce or eliminate the fatigue issues. I use to get headaches from a HD1000u after about 30 minutes. Once I switched to an Infocus SP7210, the fatigue issues went away. I can't say 100% for sure that the projector change is what eliminated the headaches, but they can be overcome.

·
Registered
12,276 Posts
Eye fatique can come from various things on DLP, but really everyone is different as to if it would be an issue.

I would add that for strictly gaming, the IN83 is the better option of the 2.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts