AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

I have recentley bought a used Infocus SP7205 and a SP5700 (don't ask its a long story) The 7205 was very dirty so I stripped it down have have thoughrly cleaned it.

While I had it in bits I also took the 5700 apart and swapped the lenses over. They have differnet throw ratios and the 5700 is more suitable to my living room. The lenses look identicle and had the same fixings so the job went very smoothly.

When I fired the 7205 back up the lens throw ratio hasn't changed, I cannot understand why or is it to do with the relationship between the lens and the light tube etc that gives the throw ratio.

Any feedback would be great......................

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by airscapes /forum/post/18247223

Was the distance from the image to the end of the lens the same in both projectors?

Yes it was, that's whats baffling me...........

I know that the 7205 has a different chipset, maybe that is a difference...!!

I think I have answered my own question it may be because the 7205 is 720p or would that just be more detail on the same size sensor......

·
Registered
9,769 Posts
Infocus projectors are compliant with the adage: "The more things change the more they stay the same"

·
Registered
12,276 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmadman /forum/post/18246937

Hi All

I have recentley bought a used Infocus SP7205 and a SP5700 (don't ask its a long story) The 7205 was very dirty so I stripped it down have have thoughrly cleaned it.

While I had it in bits I also took the 5700 apart and swapped the lenses over. They have differnet throw ratios and the 5700 is more suitable to my living room. The lenses look identicle and had the same fixings so the job went very smoothly.

When I fired the 7205 back up the lens throw ratio hasn't changed, I cannot understand why or is it to do with the relationship between the lens and the light tube etc that gives the throw ratio.

Any feedback would be great......................

It's because as I recall the optics are the same. The reason they have different throws is due to the different sizes of the chips inside the projector. Your findings don't surprise me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts