AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

What is the difference between this two projectors? Is it only a more powerfull lamp ?

///

------------------
Carl-Fredrik

email me

·
Registered
342 Posts
The lamp life is only half the LP350. Lamps are about $370 here, don't know about European prices. I have had my LP340 for less than a month and have 60 hours on it so lamp life is very important. I could not determine if the LP 335 has the video processor that the LP340/350 have. It appears to be mostly a small, light weight presentation machine.

·
Registered
56 Posts

·
Registered
5,574 Posts
Infocus told me that the 340/350 use the Genesis chips. These are used in some progressive-scan DVD players. The product manager also told me that they reviewed all options before selecting the Sage/Faroudja chips for the new 530.

I do not know which set the 335 has BTW. While I have not seen the 335, reps have told me that it looks very similar to the 350.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Ross Cutler:
From the specs on paper, the LP530 seems much improved over the LP350, both for business and HT use.

Ross.
On 530: Really? Why? More lumens with the same contrast sounds like a bust to me. The LP350 did not need grayer blacks. The internal scaler is already good. I'm not unhappy about the sage chip, but also not overwhelmed. Sounds like mostly a marketing play to me.

On 335: Sorry, no idea http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/frown.gif

--Les

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.