AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried the Infocus LP-425z for home theater? It appears to have decent specs, will re-size 1080i, has 900 lumens and 400:1 contrast, though only 800x600 res. The interesting part is Infocus has discontinued it and it is selling for under $1500!

·
Registered
693 Posts
Seems you and I have discovered the same projector (see post entitled "Newbie Projector Purchase Help!). I'm thinking of purchasing this unit over the Sharp M10S, but need clarification and verification that this unit is worth the price. Another question that I'm throwing out is due to the lack of component inputs. Not sure how to hook up a progressive scan player (Malata 996N?) to it.

Sure seems like a probable candidate seeing that I can get one brand new for $1465.

Someone shed some light on this little unit.

------------------

"Can I refill your eggnog, Eddie? Take you out in the middle of nowhere and leave you for dead?"

Greg Jones
The Cellar

·
Registered
693 Posts
BUMP! Maybe we can get an answer to this burning question!

------------------

"Can I refill your eggnog, Eddie? Take you out in the middle of nowhere and leave you for dead?"

Greg Jones
The Cellar

·
Registered
2 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by bugman72:
Not sure how to hook up a progressive scan player (Malata 996N?) to it.
Malata N996 has got VGA output.

------------------

ha dot ma at hongkong dot com

·
Registered
39 Posts
I recently watched my first DVD on my Infocus 425 that is supposed to be almost identical to the 425z. I watched Shaft on a R2 PAL edition and it was extremely pleasing if you put it in perspective with what you pay for it.

I used s-video interconnects from IXOS and my Sony DVP-S7700. There were some scenes where the rainbow effects were a bit clear but I hope the picture will see a major improvement with an iScan Pro that I plan to buy soon.

------------------
/Niklas

My Theater My Movies

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
I just set up a LP-425z last night and was quit pleased with the picture especially considering the price. I am viewing from a little over nine feet on a 80" wide screen and could only a couple of times barly see any pixle structure (which I was very concerned about). Playback was with a Radeon equiped HTPC so I have no comments regarding the internal scaler. For $1500, its a steal (actually, the Dell LT-150 was a steal, but...) and will hold me over quite nicely until something I really want (3 chip 1920 X 1080) comes out at a price I am willing to pay (I'm a cheap SOB).

------------------

Greg

[This message has been edited by Mad Chemist (edited 08-06-2001).]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.