AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to buy a projector for a domestic cinema. I choose between InFocus LP-530 and Sony VW10HT.

What from these projectors is the best a choice?

------------------

pnvas

·
Registered
509 Posts
I have an LP530, and I spent a fair amount of time with a 10HT, but not an 11HT.

The 530 was superior in every respect, except that it makes rainbows. The 10HT may not have been set up properly (although it was at a high end dealer, running through a Faroujda NR) - it posterized colors badly, had horrendous screen door, poor contrast, and poor color fidelity. Of course, the 530 is MUCH brighter.

I find it hard to believe that this was typical of 10HT performance, since so many people like them, and I couldn't even tollerate it. I also don't know how much the 11HT is like the 10.

Comparisons aside, the 530 is a sweet, sweet machine. Do a search and find my, and other folks' posts.

------------------

-l

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Many thanks for consultation

------------------

pnvas

·
Registered
47 Posts
Why are you comparing old and new (530 vs. VW10HT)? I'd have thought you wanted to look at VW11HT?

Pro for VW10HT: there is a FAQ which bundles all the knowledge of other people who spent numerous hours trying to tweak the beast. The same goes for the LT-150. This may be important when you consider buying a projector - at least it is for me (thank you forum).

Also: looking for more (favourable) LP-530 reviews to justify buying one.

Jan

·
Registered
28 Posts

What's the LP530's lamp life in eco-mode? I've heard mention of 4000 hours a couple of times but Infocus' specs don't list it. Thanks.

Jantz

·
Registered
30 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by lennyr:

The 10HT may not have been set up properly (although it was at a high end dealer, running through a Faroujda NR) - it posterized colors badly, had horrendous screen door, poor contrast, and poor color fidelity. Of course, the 530 is MUCH brighter.

Correct me if Im wrong, but the NR series according to Faroujda is "Incompatible" with the Sony 10ht bretheren (Sanyo PLV60, Cinema 13hd, Elki, and Runco LCD) 16x9 lcd projectors. Unless something has changed recently.

Johnny

·
Registered
6,545 Posts
And what's up with the talk about pairing a Faroudja NR with the 16x9 DLP sharp? Has Faroudja finally designed a scaler in the NR series for a 16x9 Digital projector?

-dave

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.