AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Infocus LP530 that I ordered in June is finally supposed to ship tomorrow from CDW. They were originally slated to ship at the end of July, but they pushed back the date. Has anyone gotten one yet ?

The mounting hardware for the LP530 arrived yesterday. The mount is a "Gyrolock" from Unicol. Apparently these are being used for a variety of the lightweight projectors now. The mounting arm can be extended or retracted from about 6-12" to adjust the height (or distance if wall mounted). The arm attaches to a mounting plate which is specific to the model of projector you bought it for. the mount itself can be ceiling/wall/floor mounted. I intend to use it on a back wall since I have a cathedral type ceiling and don't want a big ugly pipe hanging from it.

The problem I am having is that I need to buy an extension for the arm of the mount so that I can shorten the distance from the projector to the screen (the LP530's zoom has a short 1:1.2 range). They sell three different lengths of extensions for this mount, but I CANNOT GET ANYONE TO SELL ME THE EXTENSION. The only domestic source I have found for these extensions is http://www.premiermounts.com/. They have the part listed (APL-1319), but when I called they said that they were not selling it because Infocus didn't like something about it and had told them not to sell it. I find this hard to believe since this is a "UNIVERSAL" mounting system and the only part that is projector specific is the mounting plate, and also why would Infocus sell the kit under their name if they were unhappy with its performance ?

Should we expect a recall soon?

Does anyone know another domestic source for Unicol products?

·
Registered
50 Posts
I don't know about the LP350 but I know the mount I got from

Dell was wrong and I have a return authorization since last

Thursday a week ago.

I found on this forum about PEERLESS. I don't think they

stock anything - they make it on order. I needed a correct

ceiling mount for a NEC LT150 and it is perfect. I ordered

it last Friday and the lady said it would ship the following

Tuesday. The whole ball of wax was about $235 including

next day air. Next day air was $33 and regular UPS ground was $28 - a no brainer. I received on Wednesday morning following my order of the previous Friday. They have a web site and if you do

a search for PEERLESS on this forum you should find it.

Their phone number is 800-865-2112. Mine mounted on regular

1.5" plumbing pipe. I could not be more pleased. For those

reading this - the stock number for the LT150 is PJRL-NC4.

[This message has been edited by Jim OD (edited 08-09-2001).]

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.