AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just listed my projector for sale yesterday. Do you think my pricing was ok? I went $100 under what they are going for on the Projector Central site. I've only had it 3 months and it has less than 50 hours on the bulb.

If no one is interested here, is E-Bay the next best site to list it at?

·
Registered
105 Posts
I'm not going to tell you where to set your prices, but....

If I were buying a used LP340 I would not pay more than $2300. This is about 10% less than the $2600 or so that they can be had for new (check ecost.com or pcnation.com). It may be worth more than that if the 340V model is hard to come by new.

One thing to consider is that anyone buying new until the end of June gets a free Handspring Visor from InFocus. So that is a $200 value that they won't get if they buy yours.

·
Registered
599 Posts
I don't think you can sell a projector here for what the projector is worth. I tried to sell both an NEC vt540 and an Epson 5500c here, and had zero luck. I then put them on ebay and sold them for *far* more than I was asking here.

Ebay is really the way to go. Just be sure to set a reserve price.

·
Registered
912 Posts
The cold truth is, price is what dictates the sale for those shopping in the used market. I, myself, am in the market for a new projector and have considered a used one. But, why buy used when I can find a new one for a reasonable price? Used products have to be incredibly dirt cheap to move effectively. Unless you are willing to produce all original paperwork, etc. I don't believe anyone would go for a used projector unless it was really inexpensive.

------------------

Head to Below Retail Audio for FREE shipping on all orders!

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the input. I do have the paperwork and my model is the one with the excellent scaler not the dumbed down version. With only about 40 hours on it, it's basically a new projector except for some dust!

Thanks again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.