AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone using an LP350 with an HD feed? Is it worth getting an HDTV receiver to do so, since it ends up scaling 720p down to 576 lines of resolution? I'm thinking about buying the Dish 6000 receiver with the 8VSB OTA card. I'm also considering an HD Video Card for a PC. If anyone has tried either of these with an LP350 and has feedback, I'd appreciate hearing it.

Thanks,

Bob

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
While I've never used HD with my 350, previous discussions on source quality seem to say that the better the source material, the better the picture will look, regardless of the display resolution. Will the 350 look as good as a true HD(720) pj? No, but the HD should look better than a DVD.

·
Registered
5,574 Posts
I have seen it and it looks great. This projector was really hot for HT 2 years ago.

The 350 is XGA. Even SVGA projectors look a lot better with an HDTV signal.

Remember there is almost nothing out there today that is fully capable of presenting 1080i at its full resolution. Many of the machines that are hot today are XGA (the NEC HT1000 is an example). The 350 has the same resolution as the HT1000 (although contrast and video processing are better on the NEC).

I think you will be surprised.

You do need to feed it through the computer input.

Bob

·
Registered
6 Posts
i was using a samsung box to drive hd to lp350. worked great. but now i'm trying to hook it up to htpc via aiw 7500 dvi port. seems to work - but windows is bigger than the screen. i'm trying to use powerstrip 3.3 to adjust it, but can't figure out the settings. anyone doing this with an lp350 and winxp?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.