AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here in Hong Kong the price for these projectors are $4300 (LP350), $3800 (DX3) and $3600 (LT150). Compare to the U.S. prices the LP350 is quite a bit more expensive in Hong Kong. Would the price difference to the LT150 be worth it? What about the DX3, it's kind of in between the other two both in price and specs?

I'm aiming for a 100" screen and the projector will be connected to my Pioneer DV-AX10. I have no intension to use the DVI in the near future, so that leaves me with the option of using the S-video towards the 350/DX3 or component towards the LT150. Will that make the LT150 an overall better choice?

One interesting thing in Hong Kong is that the good old Sony 10HT, sells for the same price as the LT150! It seems like people really have different opinions about this projector. I will only use the projector for watching DVDs, so its HDTV/4:3 capabilities is of no interest. Which one would be the best choice?

------------------

BR /// Rob

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
I've owned all of the projectors you've mentioned (in their SVGA form at least) except the Sony.

Of the three DLP projectors, the NEC will have (IMHO) the best picture. But only if you feed it from a progressive DVD, iScan or above.

The InFocus has a good scaler, but to me the black level and contrast are deal killers. The DX3 had better blacks, but worse quality.

The NEC (and other Plus U3 series clones) have the best blacks and general picture you can get for under Seleco prices. Unless you get a Plus UP1100 or clone and have it Thumpered. In which case brightnes becomes a problem.

Steve

------------------
Steve's Stuff

·
Registered
3,667 Posts
All of these are last year's models.

You may want to wait for the fall. Prices will be coming down further IMO.

------------------

Ken Elliott

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.