AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased an Infocus LP750 and I'm very happy with it. I have a few questions for other LCD (and possible LP750/LP755) users out there. Please be patient with me I'm a newbie on here but have been using the search feature.

1. Does the LP750 support component input? the Infocus web page lists the following features with the 2.3 firmware upgrade:

-Adds 1080i HDTV support via the VESA data input

-Adds digital zoom

-Eliminated keypad/IR Remote lockup

-Retains user settings when powering down projector

-Enhanced image shift

The VESA data input is the input off the CableWizard and I don't currently have one of these (yet). My DVD player has 3 RCA outputs Red, Blue, Green (I believe). Can I use a breakout cable RCA to 15 pin as the VESA input? Anyone tried this? I would like some feedback from ANY LP750/LP755 users.

2. I saw a user review (projectorcentral.com) that stated the LP755 shows DVDs in 16:9 but haven't seen this setting in the manual for the LP755 or the LP750 (which is really the 755 with only 800 lumens). Can someone explain this to me?

Any extra information on the LP750 would be greatly appreciated. Should I upgrade the firmware? I'm weary and I don't want to screw it up, I'm pretty happy with the way it looks now. I've only compared it to the Proxima UL x350 DLP PJ (from work) and the DVDs look much better on the Infocus.

Thanks in advance!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.