Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I am new to this forum.

I have just purchased a used INFOCUS LP755 projector based on some good reviews and a very attractive price. I will be receiving the projector in a few days but I have a few questions for anyone that currently owns one of these. My main interest is to watch DVD movies at home under low-light conditions projected on to a large white wall. I will probably be using the S-video connection for now but as I learn more about it I would like to try some sort of HTPC connection.

Here are some questions for any of you that might own one of these projectors:

1. Is this projector HDTV compatible? I am under the impression that it is but I have read some conflicting information. Has anyone out there tried this?

2. How will I be able to get the very best DVD image upon playback. (S-video or ????)

3. What is a good source for buying an inexepensive replacement LAMP for this projector when I need one, or any other accessories.

4. Any one out there have any other useful information they would like to share regarding this projector.

If any one out there has any used or new accessories for this projector they would like to sell please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Tito Aguirre

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
I am familiar with this projector. Like many InFocus Projectors it will give you a very good picture with just a S-Video in for DVD Playback. I would not invest in a line doubler/scaler or HTPC because DVD Playback is quite good using the S-Video. According to Projector Central it is compatible with 1080i HDTV. I would probably try a RCA DTC 100 with this projector for HDTV since the LP755 lacks component video in and the DTC100 with its VGA out works well and provides an entry level price. Make sure your eyeball to screen distance is more than 2 times the actual width of the screen otherwise you will see the screendoor with this projector. For example if you had a 6 foot wide screen I would recommend you be seated at least 14 feet away from the screen.

Lenny Eckian

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.