AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is not a popular model for the HT crowd, BUT....I had 2 LP925 InFocus Projectors that exploded with a fireball upon pressing the power button a day after initial installation. I called InFocus and this is a known problem. They have stopped shipping these until they can figure out the problem. The defective units are still in distribution so be warned.

I am a reseller and am amazed that the people in tech support didn't know about this until I pressed them to dig deeper for me.

Paul

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I didn't get to see the fireball but the customer did.

He said it came from the same place each time. What makes me mad is now we have to send a brand new projector in for repair because the other ones in the channel would have the same problem. My customer is sold on this model for whatever reason. If it were mine it would be returned for a different model.

Paul

·
Registered
147 Posts
I live in Raleigh NC, and was interested in the LP925 as well. Do you have one of these for sale? Did you ever get the fireball issue fixed? Please describe the fireball in more detail, because I actually visualize a flamethrower coming from the lens!

Thanks,

Staff

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.