AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I apologize if this has been posted before, but the search function has been disabled again….

Infocus has listed a new firmware 3.4.:

• Added translucent OSD menu control to advanced menu

• Moved menu to upper left corner of screen

• Changed range of color slider bar

It sounds like they made only minor changes. Nevertheless I feel tempted to upgrade from 3.3. However, last time when Infocus Tech Support tried to upgrade from 3.0 to 3.3 they fried my unit. So I am a little reluctant.

Has anybody tried it yet? Is it worthwhile to upgrade? Any goodies/features that are not mentioned?

________

Axel

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
Axel, I upgraded from version 2.5 to 3.4 last week. I like some of the advancements such as the new menu location, and for me from 2.5 I also get the access to color temperature as well.

However, I'm not sure but I have had the projector 'hang' twice now when rebooting the PC, and during MIB II at the scene where Tommy Lee Jones remembers his past experiences with th 'light' and there are some lightning flashes the pj looses the video signal and goes into 'acquire' mode! Most trouble some!

Have you experienced any of these problems?

·
Registered
5,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Al;

I had some problems a while back with the PJ not firing up (and lamp flickering). This was caused by a faulty lamp (something loose/bad connector) but not related to firmware. I have not experienced any signal losses yet - signal is rock solid (ATI9700PRO-DVI-Catalyst2.4).

How may hours do you have on your PJ?

_______

Axel

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
My projector only has about 180 hours on it, barely broken.. err.. I mean broken in!

I can understand the connection to a PC being flakey, but from a standalone player?

I'm not having much success with my ATI 7500AIW via the DVI, only really works via the analog VGA. By your reply the non AIW seems to work alright?

I think that I may have to send this unit in for service...:(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.