AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I contacted a local Ottawa Infocus dealer yesterday to get information on this new projector. Here are her comments:

"This is just being introduced and we will have pricing and availability for Canada around November 15th. I've been told the market price in the US is $5000 (about $8000 here) but I will know more accurate info in a couple of weeks. From the briefing I've had on it, it looks pretty good in terms of excellent home-theatre connectivity. Brightness is only 1000 lumens versus

the 2000 lumens offered by the LP530 and the LP500 (prices approx. $6500CAD and $5100CAD respectively)- the LP5 series also has the Faroudja video card which makes it especially good for video use."

In August I got a quote for around $7000CAD for the LP530 from the same dealer. It appears that the price has dropped $500 since then.

Does anyone know what kind of color wheel is on the LP530. I heard that there is a 6 segment wheel with the LS110. Has this been confirmed with Infocus?

Ray

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
I am almost certain that the LP530 does not have a 6 segment colour wheel, so it is either 3, or 4 segment (white section). As for the ls110, I believe the 6 segment has been reported here, based upon infocus spec sheets and dealer input.

·
Registered
93 Posts
LS110 does have the RGBRGB color wheel for sure.

1000 lumens for video on the LS110 is not that far off the 2000 lumens of the LP500/530. The LP530 is rated at 2000 for data, video is always considerably less lumens.

The big difference in the LS110 is the color wheel and the dual mode DLP chip.

Please don't quote me on this, but I think the LS110 comes with the connection module so you have more inputs then the standard for the LP500.

·
Registered
103 Posts
One other difference worth considering, posted Contrast by the Vendor

LP530 - 400:1

LS110 - 600:1

I also spoke to someone at Advanced Presentation Products in Toronto. They said that the LS110 isn't expected to be distributed in Canada until February at the earliest. Also, that since Advanced was a Computer Projector company, they were probably not going to be able to sell it.

There goes the direct comparision in the same shop!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.