AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know anything about this set, but I think this is a pretty good deal. Lasts for one day only on www.woot.com . $2999 - $500 rebate + $5 shipping = $2544. I think there is a code like taxsucks or tax sucks to get out of paying tax.

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
Costco is not an authorized IF dealer, meaning no warranty and no $500 rebate. Woot, rather amazingly, is an authorized IF dealer, according to IF. The general web selling price for this set is around $5k, which is also IF's new MSRP, so I would expect web prices to drop, but not to $2500 and $5 shipping w/warranty

·
Premium Member
995 Posts
At my local Costco they are selling it for $2999 and offering a $500 rebate. Maybe Costco is doing the rebate then but they are advertizing a rebate right on the price in the store. Costco also sells InFocus projectors. But I do agree that some manufacturers items are only warrantied through Costco, I believe Toshiba also does that. But Costco will Warranty the item.

I don't want one personally, I'm waiting for more 1080p units.

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
On the IF rebate form it specifically states that items bought from Costco are not eligible for the rebate... and thus, no IF warranty. Who would you want fixing the set : inFocus or Costco?

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Costco, no question. Lifetime warranty. They would take back the set and force Infocus to take the return. At that point you can get a similar set or a refund of your money

·
Banned
6,051 Posts
It seems weird that a big chain like Costco would get their hands on electronics that they arent authroized to sell and cant warranty outside of taking it back and replacing it with a new

one

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Then the weirdness in on Infocus as well because they are supplying these, and the 4805 projector, directly to Costco.

Costo had an Infocus sponsored $100 rebate on the 4805 back in December. Yes, that's right; you mailed the rebate to Infocus, not Costco.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.