AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know anything about this set, but I think this is a pretty good deal. Lasts for one day only on www.woot.com . $2999 - $500 rebate + $5 shipping = $2544. I think there is a code like taxsucks or tax sucks to get out of paying tax.

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
Costco is not an authorized IF dealer, meaning no warranty and no $500 rebate. Woot, rather amazingly, is an authorized IF dealer, according to IF. The general web selling price for this set is around $5k, which is also IF's new MSRP, so I would expect web prices to drop, but not to $2500 and $5 shipping w/warranty

·
Premium Member
1,014 Posts
At my local Costco they are selling it for $2999 and offering a $500 rebate. Maybe Costco is doing the rebate then but they are advertizing a rebate right on the price in the store. Costco also sells InFocus projectors. But I do agree that some manufacturers items are only warrantied through Costco, I believe Toshiba also does that. But Costco will Warranty the item.

I don't want one personally, I'm waiting for more 1080p units.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Costco, no question. Lifetime warranty. They would take back the set and force Infocus to take the return. At that point you can get a similar set or a refund of your money

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Then the weirdness in on Infocus as well because they are supplying these, and the 4805 projector, directly to Costco.

Costo had an Infocus sponsored $100 rebate on the 4805 back in December. Yes, that's right; you mailed the rebate to Infocus, not Costco.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.