Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

I've had my 7200 for a couple of days now and have got one issue I hope maybe you guys can help me with.

Using my HTPC (Radeon 8500) via VGA cable the native resolution of the projector (1280x720) does look pretty bad - there is kind of a flimmer or swimming going on - like the frequencies don't quiet match. Using 1280x1024 works fine, so does 1024x768. :confused:

Now i'm hoping that there is someone else here using his 7200 with a PC and Powerstrip who might post his Powerstrip settings for 1280x720. I'm using the default 1280x720 HDTV standart setting coming with Powerstrip.

Thanks

Patrick

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hello there, I just noticed your post and was hoping you could help me out. I just got my Infocus 7200 and have it connected to my computer with a radeon 9700 pro catalyst3.2 driver through the DVI port. When I try to set the resolution the slider bar in my display properties does not include 1280 by 720 so I just downloaded the latest version of powerstrip but am completely clueless how to set it up so that I get a native 1:1 pixel mapping at 1280 by 720. I already tried it solo once and got the big blank blue picture. If you could give me some step by step instructions on what to do (and what not to ) I would greatly appreciate it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you get 1280x720 to run via DVI please tell me about your impressions of the picture. I am currently using VGA cable but ordered a DVI cable. So far I still don´t know of 1280x720 settings that would give me a good picture, so I´m using 1280x1024 which looks great but doesn´t match the AR of my screen.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I'm using a Radeon 9700 hooked to my Infocus 7200 with a VGA cable -- using the 1280 x 720 HDTV setting pre-defined in Powerstrip my image is truly AWESOME (so much so that I haven't ordered a DVI cable, because I can't imagine that there would be enough difference to justify the cost of the dongle and cable).

I just looked at the thread mentioned by parmenides, and if you are new to Powerstrip it explains the steps pretty well.

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
I have an 8500 connected to my 7200 via dvi. It looks great. (Have not tried the VGA to the PJ as my sat receiver is using it).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.