AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. I have an sp5000 that's driving me nuts. One day she just wouldn't power up. No flashing led for a trouble code. The amber power light will show...after about 15-20 seconds all the lights (buttons) light up. At that same moment there's almost a click sound from the internal speakers. And it will cycle and do it again...over and over. I'm at a loss please advise?

I've tried another power chord..outlet etc. Checked the lamp (switch) that the housing cover activates.

·
Registered
814 Posts
It sounds as if the power supply startup circuit has failed. It contains a capacitor that has lost value, so the power supply can't start. A quick way to confirm this is put the pj into a hot location for a few hours and then try it. If it starts when hot, you have the diagnosis. If it doesn't affect it, then keep looking.

·
Registered
814 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by xgrizzlybearx /forum/post/0

Got impatient. Bastardizes the power suplly from one and put it in. All is good. Powers up. Lapm on etc

I'm glad you got it fixed. It's a good ole' PJ. Finding that bad capacitor took me a week, and I design power supplies. The fools glued the cap' to a heatsink, so it ran hot, and gradually lost value. Do you think the power supply was buried enough at the back of the case?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.