AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting pretty close to finalizing my search for a front Projector and after reading posts for months I am seriously considering the Infocus 5700 or spending more and going for the 7200 but where to see it and buy? I contacted Infocus and there response was to go to a local "value-added" dealer in my area. I was able to find about 9 but the closest three did not have it in stock to even show me.

I was told by Infocus that there are no authorized internet dealers for these 2 projectors. For anyone out there who bought either of these 2 projectors-where did you buy them and where they always MSRP?

Thanks.

John

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Jefny,

I too called IF and they emailed me a list of dealers near me. I called about 7 of them and none had one on display, but one guy was really helpful and said he could get one setup to demo for me. He is a custom av/security installer, but he doesn't have a showroom, but he got in touch with his distributor and asked them to put it up in their demo room. In about a week, he called and said it was up to view.

Just keep calling around and tell them you will not purchase until you can demo one and you should get lucky...

BTW, i think the 5700 is a great PJ. I require a longer throw for my HT room and my budget is around $3.5-5K. Rumor is that the 5700 has had a price reduction, now MSRP is $3999???

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
I also heard that IF lowered the list price of the 5700 to $3999. Add a reasonable discount and now the 5700 is a reasonable alternative to a Z2 or HS20 - especially if you prefer DLP.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the input. I spoke to an Internet salesman and he said for the price of the Infocus 5700 I should consider the Benq 8700 which is higher resolution.

I also talked to Infocus today and they said the MSRP of their 5700 is $4,999. Where did you here that the MSRP price was lowered?

John

·
Registered
11,213 Posts
Do you think an internet salesman might say that because

A) he thinks it is better?

B) it is all he can sell you?

There are several knowledgeable dealers that hang out here - but the Infocus5700 is only available from your local value-added dealer as Infocus suggested - and such dealers are restricted from marketing and advertising on the Internet

value-added may or may not mean MSRP - depends on your relationship with your local dealer. I am sure people here could help you out identifying the local dealers that have a clue in your area.

I would suggest that you take your list of dealers with their poor responses back to the infocus 800 number. I am sure Infocus would love to hear that they have dealers that are refusing to demo to potential clients. Sounds like patrickwebb's dealer has it figured out.

·
Premium Member
16,962 Posts
Closed.

These "where to buy" posts cause to much trouble. I pulled 4 dealer posts yesterday for posting online pricing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.