AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an Infocus SP7200 with firmware 4.0. Trying to connect a sony blue ray via HDMI. The player shows the HDMI logo and the projector locks on a 720p input, but no picture. Any ideas? Infocus tech support says it should work. Works fine with RGB except 480i.

thanks

mark

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have a similar problem to you. I just picked up the Pioneer Elite Blu-Ray player yesterday and am having hdmi problems also. My 7200 will display the picture when only the Pioneer logo or menus are displayed. However when I play a Blu-ray disk or DVD at 720p, 1080i, or 1080p, the picture will display for 1 to 15 seconds and then loose sync. It then continues to try and sync over and over, displaying the picture for again 1 to 60 sec. Each time the picture looses sync the hdmi light on my Pioneer player goes off. When I first hooked up the player yesterday I had this problem but then after messing around with the player and projector for a while, they both started working just fine via HDMI at all resolutions 480p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p. Today when I turned on the projector and player I was back to where I was initially with the player loosing sync continuously. I tried all sorts of things today and could never get the player and the projector to work together like they did yesterday

My firmware is only 3.2 so I am hoping that upgrading to 4.0 will do the trick. Unfortunately I don't have a cable. I think I can borrow one from an Infocus projector that we have at work. Since the player will display just fine when displaying only the menu, my guess is that it is an HDCP issue. Supposedly the 7200 is HDCP compliant. My projector was one of the last built as I bought only a little over 2 years ago so hopefully it has the latest hardware in it. I'm using a 25' hdmi cable (Blue Jeans) and the Infocus hdmi to M1 adapter plug.

When I did have it working yesterday, the picture was outstanding on both Blu-ray and DVDs. Blu-rays still look very good over component but the hdmi was exceptional. I was especially impressed with how well upconverted DVD's looked. My current DVD player is a Sony DVP-9000ES and the Pioneer upconverted DVDs looked significantly sharper with more vibrant colors.

If anyone has any ideas on how to fix my problem other than upgrading the firmware, let me know.

Thanks,

Bob

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bob

I upgraded to firmare 4.0. unfortunately it did not solve the problem. You are actually farther than me. I cant get any picture just that it is syncing to 720p. On component with a standard DVD the output is 480i no upconverting. Mine was one of the first 7200s so I wonder if the HDCP is working correctly. I tried another HDMI cable same issue.

I am using an HDMI converter to DVI then a DVI gender changer to the M1 cable. I wonder if one of those could be the culprit?

Mark

·
Registered
54 Posts
Mark,

I've read elsewhere on this forum that some of the early 7200s had HDCP issues requiring the unit be sent back to Infocus to get a board replaced. This could be the issue with yours. Are you still under warranty?

BTW: When you updated your firmware, did it reset all of your picture settings to the defaults?

Thanks,

Bob

·
Registered
429 Posts
Upgrade to a 7210. If you go direct to the projector or use say, a Gefen switcher, you'll be OK. Going through some of the newer Home Theater amps with HDMI can be problematic with HDMI/DVI adapters. My 7200 never worked with the HD-XA1 and the vast majority don't.

TA

·
Registered
1,830 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbelmont /forum/post/0

Upgrade to a 7210. If you go direct to the projector or use say, a Gefen switcher, you'll be OK. Going through some of the newer Home Theater amps with HDMI can be problematic with HDMI/DVI adapters. My 7200 never worked with the HD-XA1 and the vast majority don't.

TA

I was fortunate to be able to upgrade my 7200 to a 7210 under warranty (long story...). Otherwise your suggestion is a very, very expensive one, since the 7200 has so little value at this point.

htomei

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Finally talked to a level 2 tech support guy. Unfortunately I am screwed. NO HDMI only component. Unless I want a new board for $500+

Oh well it looks like I might be looking at the Sony Pearl, RS1 or the Epson

·
Registered
54 Posts
Well I sucessfully updated my firmware tonight to 4.0 and the HDMI sync problem is still the same. The picture displays on for a 1 to 5 seconds and then off over and over. Does anyone think that I could have a defective Pioneer Blu-ray player or cable? I think it is most likely the projector. I guess I will be calling Infocus tech support tomorrow. Bummer.

Bob

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hey guys, maybe you could help a fellow 7200 owner? I can't download v4.0 and Infocus hasn't been very cooperative. Tech 2 says they can't send emails with attachments and even though they confirm that my serial # is valid the site won't accept it. I'm installing a new bulb this evening and would like to update the software while the unit is off the ceiling. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.