AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
According to posts here the firmware change to the X1 from 3.6 up was supposed to display native rate NTSC and PAL at the height of a 16:9 image, so you can view it within a 16:9 screen.

Mine does this on NTSC, but not on PAL.

Anyone else have this problem, or a solution?

Thanks

Steve

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi,

I have the same problem. Using native mode the image doesn't fit the 16:9 mode bounds. With overscan turned on, the image is slightly smaller, but still bigger (in height) than in 16:9 mode.

Another native mode problem I've noticed is that the image appears to be vertically bigger than it should compared to horizontal size, giving a wrong aspect ratio.

I'm using PAL (SVideo and Composite inputs) and 3.6 firmware version.

Thanks,

Jorge

·
Registered
144 Posts
My understanding was that native mode was "non-scaling" mode - ie, since PAL has more lines of resolution than NTSC, it will be taller by design.

NTSC fits in the 16:9 because it's the same number of lines as DVD/the X1's 16:9 mode

·
Registered
312 Posts
I'm glad I'm not the only one seeing that problem, I'm not sure it was in 3.6 actually, I'm running 3.8 now.

I hope the native mode can for PAL can be changed (fixed) in the next release to make it work the same as NTSC, ie so 4:3 material can be seen full height on a 16:9 screen with black bars left/right, which was a great improvement.

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, I have 3.6 as well.

Is there any reason to upgrade to 3.8?

Steve

·
Registered
312 Posts
because of :

"

FIXES

Corrects image blanking during power down

Corrects leftward image shift for 720p50, 1080i23, 1080i24, and 1080i25 sources

ENHANCEMENTS

Improves video synchronization with wide variety of source signals

" ?

Honnestly though, I don't think I noticed/remember any thing working better... so maybe you can wait the next one... (so you don't loose all your settings for nothing)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.