AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was getting ready to buy a Toshiba 65h82 RPTV to take the plunge into hdtv. I am ordering the Samsung Sir-T151 for the OTA hdtv signals and was going to hook it up to the Toshiba rptv, but after reading about the Infocus X1 I think I have changed my mind. Will the HDTV Sir-T151 picture look as good with the X1 or will I have a better image with the Toshiba rptv? I was going to use a screen size of around 86" to 106" 16:9, DIY screen for now if I go with the X1. I have a nec lt155 in my main theater room projecting a 120" 4:3 screen that looks very good with a progresive dvd player. The X1 will be my everyday viewing tv. Besides the SIR-T151 stb I will be running Dishnetwork PVR none hdtv through s video, dvd and maybe a htpc for gaming. Will the X1 be a better choice than a RPTV for me? I'm new to this forum and have been doing alot of reading and just cant make up my mind. I have viewed a DLP projector at a home theater demo at Walt Disney Worlds Epcot Center and didn't see any rainbows. I have never seen a DLP rainbow so I don't know what to look for. The room that this setup will be going into is about 20'x20' and light controled. Thanks all of your opinions will really help in my next plunge into HDTV.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.