AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys hoping for some help. I have an older X1 that has lately started eating bulbs. The original bulb went over 3000 hrs until it started growing dim and finally went. We bought a mid-level replacement, which lasted about 10 hrs or so before it literally exploded while it was playing. That bulb was under warranty so we exchanged it. Next bulb did the same thing. The company said they had complaints about a batch of bad bulbs, so they exchanged it again. The third one refused to even light. Looking at the connector, the wires weren't even pinned out correctly! We sent it back for a refund and chalked it up to cheap chinese bulbs. Last week I bout another better quality bulb from a new distributor, and installed it on Sunday. When I powered on the projector, the new bulb again wouldnt light and the projector shut down.

Is there a way to test the output voltage to the bulb to verify if the projector is over voltaging or something? I guess I need to verify now it is even outputting since this new bulb wont even light?

·
Registered
650 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bashr52  /t/1493989/infocus-x1-eating-bulbs#post_23813913

Hey guys hoping for some help. I have an older X1 that has lately started eating bulbs. The original bulb went over 3000 hrs until it started growing dim and finally went. We bought a mid-level replacement, which lasted about 10 hrs or so before it literally exploded while it was playing. That bulb was under warranty so we exchanged it. Next bulb did the same thing. The company said they had complaints about a batch of bad bulbs, so they exchanged it again. The third one refused to even light. Looking at the connector, the wires weren't even pinned out correctly! We sent it back for a refund and chalked it up to cheap chinese bulbs. Last week I bout another better quality bulb from a new distributor, and installed it on Sunday. When I powered on the projector, the new bulb again wouldnt light and the projector shut down.

Is there a way to test the output voltage to the bulb to verify if the projector is over voltaging or something? I guess I need to verify now it is even outputting since this new bulb wont even light?

I'm guessing its the Ballast and the first group of lamps that exploded were due to bad cooling! Thats generally the reason they explode. You could have gotten some shards of Glass in the projector and its keeping the ballast from firing up! WORST CASE. LAST RESORT TAKE a Lawn leaf Blower and blow it around the projector and try to fire it up. Bohanna

1 - 3 of 3 Posts