AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever had any problems with their X1 staying in-focus? I find the issue most notable when displaying my PC hookup (1024x768 via VGA) on my PJ. I will set the focus of the unit so that the top and bottom of the screen are both in-focus with each other. However, after about 2 - 3 hours of gaming/browsing/etc. the unit will have gone out of focus, with one end becoming very sharp and the other becoming very blury. I assume this is happening on all my inputs, but is just more noticable with my PC usage because of the abundance of text.

Thanks in advance

Les

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Les, I haven't noticed this but do you think perhaps your focus ring is actually slipping? Maybe for an experiment try putting some electrical tape around it to lock it in place, just to see if that helps or not.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Or with a fine tip marker, draw a straight line on both rings (focus and zoom). See if the lines come apart over time. Just to confirm that it's really the case of a loose ring...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.