AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an Infocus X1 and am going to build a screen myself. I tried reading through all the posts but didn't see an answer to my question specifically.

My questions are:

#1. Would it be best to go with the digital grey base and the digital grey lite topcoat? I will mainly be watching in darker situations. so ambient light is not really an issue to me.

#2. Is goo the best dollar/performance/ease combo out there? I read about a couple other Ideas, but they all seem to be a bit flakey, or more difficult to setup.

#3. Has anyone experimented with what size screen and format is optimal for the X1 no matter what distance you sit... I will be sitting around 15-17 feet away, although It is possible to sit as far back as 21 feet, but for sound reasons I would like to be at 16 feet.

Thanks to anyone who helps me.

·
Registered
6,660 Posts
screen size, and ambient lighting considerations come into play when it comes to choices of Goo product. If the deal is 16 ft viewing distance, then the x1 will begin to exhibit screen door at about 80-90 inches width of image...approximately. It varies from person to person. at the 80 inches of width, that gives you a 4x3 screen of 33 sq. ft.

Calibrated,and with a bit of bulb wear, that gets you to around 600 lumen. 600/33 ft, gives you 18 lumen per sq. ft. That is very close to the limit for theater like images on a 1.0 gain screen. The Digital Grey Lite with the Digital Grey basecoat will get you to approximately a 1.0 gain screen, maybe a touch higher, like 1.1 gain.

This would require quite well controlled ambient lighting conditions.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks ken

:D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.