AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Infocus X1 in my garage and I upgraded my dish network boxes and the only have HDMI. Can I just use a VGA to HDMI Connector? This will not be for bluray just For dishnetwork. Thanks.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope! they have video but not composite. This is the new hopper by Dish. Love my X1 because it still shows like i first bought it ten years ago. Which still amazes me. So i would need a converter. I was hoping to keep my X1 but now i might have to shop for cheap replacement. Thanks

·
Registered
170 Posts
you mean outputs? yeah, it should.

This might not be a problem you want to work too hard to solve.. " oops sorry honey, guess this new box needs a new projector to connect to" But even if it works... a 10yr non-hdtv projector with a 480 signal? iick. Op seems happy, but with acer h5360 720p and H6510bd for 400 and 630.. it seems a shame not to send that HD signal to a projector that make it look fantastic. OP sure got his money out of the X1.. may be time to put her down.

I don't like "let me spend your money" posts, but in this case i couldn't help it.

·
Banned
5,755 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonSixGolf  /t/1474894/infocus-x1-hdmi#post_23374688

you mean outputs? yeah, it should.

This might not be a problem you want to work too hard to solve.. " oops sorry honey, guess this new box needs a new projector to connect to" But even if it works... a 10yr non-hdtv projector with a 480 signal? iick. Op seems happy, but with acer h5360 720p and H6510bd for 400 and 630.. it seems a shame not to send that HD signal to a projector that make it look fantastic. OP sure got his money out of the X1.. may be time to put her down.

I don't like "let me spend your money" posts, but in this case i couldn't help it.

I have just connected my old X1 to a spare Bluray player via a Component to VGA adapter and the results are pretty amazing. No jaggies. Very nice PQ. Get one at Amazon. In Focus Component to Vesa Adapter Cable (SP-VESA-ADPT-R) for about $20.

A surprisingly sharp picture when fed 1080i.

If the unit you have has only a video (Composite) output the Faroudja deinterlacer in the X1 should still produce a pleasant picture.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts