Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hallo X1 users!

I have now about 80 hours on my projector connected on VGA ( computer)

Frequently (20% cases) when i watch something , lamp starts blinking.

In other words brightness rapidly changes -brighter/darker in about 5% difference.

Sometimes restarting of projector helps, sometimes not.

Is this a lamp isue or somewhat with power that goes to lamp??

thanks in advance for help and advices.

janis

·
Registered
6,660 Posts
color wheel sync. it could be the bulb, but more likely the color wheel sync.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I've had that happen with the demo unit from Infocus - it was consistently flickering following any adjustments made to color, brightness or contrast or switching between presets.

That unit had approx. 280 hours on it, but it was a "rental"so I don't know how well it was treated before I got it.

I noticed short periods of flicker during regular movie watching only a couple of times, but it seemed to disappear completely after I changed the extension cord and outlet. Coincidence?...

piesek

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
For a bit more info, is the "flickering" even across the entire image?

If NOT, when you invert the image (via ceiling mount option) does the flickering change sides?

Also, on the blank Infocus screen (no inputs connected) ... do you still see the flicker?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This flickering is also seen at menu window of X1, and it is homogen. It looks like power stability failure when voltage going to lamp changes higher/lower a bit.

for example: i start projector and see my desktop at first. then after 5 min flickering appears ( it is irregular in frequency) when i switch to other mode or input (s-video) flickering continues more or less.

this flickering can dissapear after a while. projector restart also helps ( sometimes).

normally this flickering i saw within first 30 min of projector run.

(like projector/lamp heated up enought)

janis

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Geez, my 2 cents would say it is the lamp.

I've seen it before and I would bet (pending it is within the lamps 90 day warranty) Infocus would send you out a replacement lamp as the solution.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Here we go again with Infocus lamps. I've had that twice and both times it was the lamp. I have an older 340B and the thing has never lasted more than 500 hrs on a lamp. The last one lasted 280 hrs. It'll be out of warranty soon, so I'm unloading it and am looking for something reliable.

Do any X1 owners have over 1000hrs? Anyone over 2000hrs?

Anyone have > 2000 hrs on any

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.