AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am about to purchase the mount in attachment for my infocus X1. I browse through ebay, this one looks cool and received 100% positive rating from over 100+ buyers. Just before I click the purchase button, I would like know if there is any other option for wall mounting. I know another option is the mandarax mount, but I just don't like the look of it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, there are other mounts on ebay, but only this one allow wall mount, and has the most futuristic look, which match my house deco perfectly... I will go for it, will share it's perfomance when I received it, thanks for reply.

BTW i heard the X2 and X1 share the same mount, is that true, so that I can keep the mount if I need to upgrade later.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I mounted mine to the ceiling with 2' of .25"x1" aluminium barstock, 3 4mm screws, 4 drywall butterfly anchors, and 9 washers(to level/align picture). total cost about $6. I was going to mount it to the wall using the same materials with an additional 2' of barstock but ended up needing it on the ceiling. Did I mention I'm frugle?

John

·
Registered
31 Posts
Doon1... do you have a pic of your mount? there was a thread going a while back where folks where posting pics of different X1 mounts but I like that folks are sharing their diy pics - gets the idea juices flowing :)

I took a page from Technut's faq - and used 2 - 3/4 in flanges and a 2 in nipple thread, a flat sheet of plastic, and the mounting screws (sized from the faq) and a few butterfly nuts to adust and level. Voila - instant mount. My most expensive thing was the piece of plastic - $10 - which if I had hunted around a bit I probably could have gotten something else. The whole thing was less than $15. If I get a chance I'll post a pic.

By the way, I purchased the X1 Super Cable and am extremely happy with it. It's a single cable that has component-to-vesa, composite, and s-video in a single cable. I found it on eBay and contacted the gentleman who makes them. He had a custom length ready and in the mail faster than my paypal could clear. I'm not affiliated in any way with him or the company, just very happy with the product. You can PM me for more details.

Good luck!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Here you go. As you can see I have not run my cables thru the ceiling yet. Tore a leg muscle and can't climb up there. Next weekend I hope.

John

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi, I know I can DIY it, probably with U$15 or below... but I need a good looking, and professionally made mount, with ability to adjust in all angle. The one off ebay is exactly what I need. I can't put a chopper board, or some window aluminium frame at the center of my living room, where it will became the focal point of my guest. And spoilt my U$30,000 decoration.. Thanks for the suggestion anyway.

·
Registered
844 Posts
the perfectmount 2000 on Ebay is a nice ceiling mount made of aluminum, got it for approx. $70 shipped for a side business, if I'm not mistaken awhile back. Looks like they upped the price to $90 or so and are offering the 1000 series @ $70 or so.

I ordered a Mandarax mount for my home use of my X1.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Johnww,

If you are interested in the aesthetics of your mount, make sure that you also put an effort into the appearance of your cable management. Just an observation, but I find it interesting that many people post photos showing great looking mounts, with the cables just fished through a hole in the ceiling.

I didnt put a whole lot of effort into mine, but I think that it is still aesthetically pleasing (especially for the little amount of $$$ I spent).

http://gallery.avsforum.com/showphot...cat=500&page=1

·
Registered
153 Posts
NephilimSurfer

Nice. I wanted to to a similar thing with the power, but I rent, and I don't think I could get away with a big square hole. But a circular hole with cables fished through can be patched without losing the deposit. :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi guys - some great looking mount there. Nephilim - nice job - like the cabling and the plexi for the mount. Agreed with both the right look and cable management - nothing worse than a great mount with lousy cables. Mine's not the best or worse, but I'm happy with it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
the actual mount details...

·
Registered
153 Posts
Wow Tankminder, my DIY is exactly like yours, with the 4mm bolts, wingnuts, and plumbing flanges and nipple. Only diff is I used MDF as the platform.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hey Gabe... great minds stealing alike... I think Technut is probably the spiritual father of hundreds of $10 x1 mounts! :)

Still - it's a great, cheap, practical design. I can adjust in all dimensions, my picture is perfectly square and level :) even on my crummy pull down non-flat screen :(

I saw a suggestion somewhere else that said to use 2" pipe so the cables can be hidden inside. For any length of drop beyond a few inches I'd definitely consider that.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Got the mount, just in time.. Look cool and feel very solid, I am glad I make the right choice. Will set it up this few days and post the image then, good luck...

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.