AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi a newbie here. was planning to get a PJ for my Home theatre room. (4m by 3m). Was wondering whether to get the X1 or screenplay4800. any suggestions? I understand that the 4800 is design for home theatre. And the ANSI Lumens are 100 more than the X1. And the 4800 cost about 600 more than the X1. Need advice before i purchase. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks...for the info. i'm quite confused at this. can you tell me in details on wat is this cable?

The X1/4800 is designed with a special seven-pin S-video connector that lets you input a component interlaced (480i) signal into the S-video port. InFocus provides an adapter that interfaces an RCA component cable to this special port. This adapter used to be shipped standard with the X1, but is no longer. It is now standard only with the Screenplay 4800. However, if you buy the X1 and you want this adapter, you can buy it for $20 on the Infocus website. So the fact that this adapter no longer ships with the X1 is not a good reason to spend $500 more for the Screenplay 4800.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Agree...just buy the cable for $20 (that is what I did)...and save the money. OTOH...if you have the extra $500..I will sell you the cable :)

·
Registered
911 Posts
From the InFocus website

"SP-VIDEO-ADPT is a component to S-video adapter cable for InFocus LP500/530, InFocus X1, and the ScreenPlay 4800 only. It is only compatible with 480i signals. Not for use with progressive signals.

If you are using a 480p or 1080i signal, you will need (component to VESA adapter). "

You should be able to find the appropriate part using thatat part number.

Colin.

·
Banned
5,755 Posts
Here is a link to the X1 faq. http://members.shaw.ca/technut/x1faq/

You will find most answers you require here. It's a good idea to print it and read it. BTW, the Screenplay 4800 is the X1. That is, until the next "stripped" X1 comes out. And the adapter cables can be had at many places. Use google to find the various places. (or) A search here at Avsforum of other X1 threads along with the appropriate cable names will probably enlighten you as well.

Good luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.