AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you go to the WWW link and then Pics, then Infocus X1 you can see pics of screen shots from the Infocus X1. Screen is just a off white wall that has barely any texture to it at all. This is a demo unit that has to be returned soon but I thought I would get some pictures out. I set the infocus X1 up with Sound and Vision and then snapped some pictures with my 2 mp Olympus digital camera. No pictures were edited or anything. The pictures don't due justice because I think the wall(screen) looks better than the pictures I took. Or go here for the snapshots... http://home.new.rr.com/cburbstheater...0X1%20Pics.htm

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
They look pretty sexy, I got a X1 and for the money, its hands down the best. Are you going to get a screen? I just order a da-lite delx. model B, nothing to special but I figured it was better then my DIY screen. Was wondering if there was all that big of a difference.

Chris

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I brought the Infocus into my local Hi Fi shop and we shot it on a Da Lite screen and to me there was no difference between that screen and my Wall....

·
Registered
542 Posts
if you want to do 30' cables properly for a decent price then i suggest you a belden or canare recipe with canare 75ohm connectors.

i use the canare l5cfb cable and have had great results and it's a darn site better than any monster stuff i have tried.

you could slap together a quality 30' cable for well under $100 if you d.i.y.

·
Registered
6,226 Posts
nice screen shots....the one pic of darth maul has really good black level.amazing since you say these are on a white wall....my buddy was considering a sharp,perhaps i should steer him toward an x1.

brickie

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I have to admit I see rainbow...not bad but I do see them I am now on the fence between the X1(because of the great price) and the Matinee HD1 aslo know as the Sanyo PLVZ1.

·
Registered
528 Posts
I posted this once before but it might make for a good comparison between a white wall and blackout cloth. I LOVE my X-1 and homemade screen. Even on my off-white wall it looked impressive. I went with the full screen for matting purposes and to gain a true white background. If they made blackout cloth in gray I may consider a comparison.

http://www.rk-productions.net/theaterpics.html

It really is an amazing projector for the money.

Greg Matty

·
Registered
528 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by cburbs
Those pics are on Blackout cloth not painted and the pics are not edited in any way???
You are correct. That screen is unpainted blackout cloth and I am projecting on the slightly shiny side of the cloth. It is stretched fairly tight over the 1 x 4's and stapled into place. I posted the details of my construction in a thread titled, "X-1 Blackout Cloth Screen Pics, AOTC" or something like that.

The photos have not been retouched in any way but I did scale the original image down to 750 x 500 pixels. The original photo was taken with a six megapixel digital SLR on a tripod with a one second shutter speed.

I am still impressed by how good the image looks, especially with a good DVD.

Greg Matty

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.