AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was wondering what material would be best. for cheap, to project images outside a store window, i would do this in the evening times,

would dazian polysilk work?

im a noob and have done some searches with no true answer

i have an infocus x1 from a great dell deal (700 bucks for a 3 month wait delivery)

so its rear projection so the material has to be thin?

thank you

·
Registered
89 Posts
I'll take a stab at this. I have an x-1. We discovered that the x-1 projects a very watchable image on the shear fabric blinds we have over our bay window. I would say just about any shear dacron type fabric would work. You would balance thickness of fabric with light transmission. I think you can get this type cheap from fabric stores as like dress liner or something. Our blinds are basically three layers of very shear fabric when they are adjusted to provide the least light transmission. From outside about 15 feet away (when it is dark out) it looks like you are watching a huge tv. Cars slow down, people point, neighbors call to ask about it, it's cool. I kinda wonder why this isn't done more often. I've seen it in shops and galleries in NYC. Good luck.

·
DIY Granddad (w/help)
25,007 Posts
airwave,

Rear Projection on Glass is done all the time. we have a 14' x 9' Rear projection screen at the high point in our Church Sanctuary. A 3500 Lumen Runco LCD does the honors.

Just recently I suggested to a Local radio station that several large displays could be easily created in downtown Memphis for special events.

They thought I was from another planet at first, but quickly saw the wonder of it all if the PJs could be donated, and reused time and again for various seasonal and sport oriented venues.

Isn't this gobs of fun?

:D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.