AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting ready to paint my wall for my soon to come Infocus X1. What color should I get for a DLP projector like the X1? I read alot about tropics grey, is that for LCD's and DLP's? Also what is a good size for a 16' to 17' viewing distance from the screen? The room is 22'x20'. I want the bigest with the best image still. I think it will be a 16:9 but not sure yet. If anyone can give me a size for a 4:3 and a 16:9, that way I can have a ballpark idea of what to do. Thanks if you can help.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I've used that shade of grey on my older LCD units, but have now switched to a flat white since installing the X1. Better punch to the image, and no real loss of blacks. Someday I'll splurge for a real screen.

I think you should try to stay under 92" wide with this PJ, and even that may be pushing it. I use 70", but have an 11' viewing range. In my opinion, it makes no real sense to over-extend a budget projector's abilities. The X1 provides a great image if you don't get to greedy. Keep in mind that's still only SVGA, and after tweaking your image you may be down around

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.